Sunday 9 December 2007

It's Nativity Time

Well, I found out why Mrs Ewe was so interested in where she could borrow some sheep and a donkey! It was all for the school Nativity play. I didn't think I would get one of the main roles as I'm a new pup, but when I explained that one my relatives back home in Canada is a sheepdog, she said that I could be one of the shepherds. That's me on the right in my arab headdress. Dougie the donkey has been very well behaved - although that could be because there is a bale of hay hidden at the back of the stage for him to munch on. In fact, we only had two problems through the whole performance.

First of all there was the baby panda. He wouldn't stop crying until we let him have his puppy toy to cuddle in the crib with him. It's not very authentic, but Mrs Ewe said that we could pretend that one of the three Kings had brought it as a present along with the Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh.

The other problem was that pesky flock again. They were very well behaved at first, but one lamb decided he wasn't getting enough attention and went to get a cuddle from Mrs Ewe. that would have been fine except Mrs Ewe was playing the piano for our song at the time. Two paws are more than enough for playing a piano - believe me, you don't need a lamb's nose as well!



Never mind, everything was all right in the end. All the Mummies and Daddies seemed to enjoy the show, anyway.

No comments: