Wednesday 4 February 2009

A car of my own

Well, it was no use asking Mr Bear to teach me to drive. He just insisted that I am too small and will be for a few years yet. I tried to persuade him that, if it is just a matter of height, or shortness of legs, then I could easily tie some blocks of wood to my footpaws. I'm sure I could reach the pedals if I did that. But it was all to no avail, and for a while I was quite downcast. But you know me, I'm not the sort of Pup to take no for an answer, and so I decided to build my own car that's just the right size for me.

Bucky helped by gnawing the wood to the right size, and I "borrowed" some old wheels from an old supermarket trolley that someone had left lying around. By the time we had put the finishing touches by fixing on the last wheel, I don't mind saying that it looked pretty impressive. Now we just have to find a suitable place for a test run. It is powered by gravity, so we will need to find a slope somewhere on the edge of the village, but making sure that it's really safe and there's nothing to bump into. Safety first - I don't want to lose my driving licence before I'm even old enough to have one!

No comments: