Wednesday 23 January 2008

Winter Sports for the Advanced Pup



Now everybody had got used to basic stuff like snowmen, snowball fights and sledging, I decided that it was time to introduce my friends to the advanced stuff. I found some bits of wood and shaped them to points at the front, fastened them to welly boots, and hey presto, instant skis. With the addition of a pair of sticks as ski poles, I was off and away down the hill. Everyone looked very impressed as I zoomed down the slopes, and as I got used to my skis, I tried to show off - perhaps a little too much, as I fell off and landed in a big heap of snow. Everybody laughed, but I didn't mind - you can't learn anything without making some mistakes. Well, after I had done some more "learning", I started to get a bit cold and damp and we trudged off back to the the thatched cottage, where a lovely surprise was waiting - a nice hot cup of hot chocolate all round!


The funny thing is, although I have enjoyed playing in the snow, it is starting to make me a bit homesick for Labrador. It's not that I want to go back there - I'm having too much fun with my friends here. But sometimes I would just like to see some familiar things to remind me of home. I mentioned this to Grandpa Cat who lives in the thatched cottage, and he just nodded and said "Hmm, we'll have to see what we can do". I wonder what that could mean?

No comments: