Monday 21 January 2008

We've made a new friend



This time we really have made a new friend! After we got tired of throwing snowballs at each other, we decided that the best thing to do would be to make a snowman. Everyone helped to collect snow and roll it up into a big pile for his body, and then a huge ball for his head. Then we needed a face. Eyes were easy - we found two pieces of coal and pushed them into the snow. The nose was a bit more of a problem until I trotted off to the stable and "borrowed" a carrot off Dougie the Donkey. He wasn't at all sure at first, but I promised to chop up a few apples into his feed, and, as he has such a sweet tooth, that persuaded him.



After we finished the snowman, the smaller animals were getting a bit tired, so I gave two of them a ride on the sledge. That may have been a mistake, as all the babies then insisted on having a ride. I mean, I know I'm a pup from Canada, but do I look like a husky? Anyway, I'm worn out now, so it's home to a nice warm bed. I hope the snow is still there tomorrow, as I want to try something else out.

No comments: