Tuesday 18 November 2008

Never tell a grownup that you're bored!


Well I certainly learned a lesson today. Now we're moving from Autumn into Winter, the nights are getting dark very early - in fact by the time I've got home from school and had a glass of milk, it's already too dark to play outside. I thought it was very boring - and I made the mistake of saying so to Grandpa Rabbit. He chuckled in a rather worrying way, and said "I've got just the thing for you, my lad. (By the way, "My Lad" is never a good sign when a grownup says it to you - it's almost a bad as being called "Robert Labrador").
We went upstairs, and then upstairs again, until we reached the attic. It's a dusty dark room full of boxes and old junk. There isn't a normal ceiling, just the inside of the roof, so it's like being inside a sort of wooden tent.
"Right" said Grandpa Rabbit, "Here's a whole world of lost treasure for you to explore! If you tidy it up nicely, then you can have anything you find, that you fancy playing with". Grandpa Rabbit went back down the stairs, and I stared a the mountain of old junk. "Treasures indeed!" I thought, "I'll never find anything worth playing with in this lot". Well, I was wrong about that - and you'll see why next time!

No comments: