Friday 24 October 2008

The one that got away...


Mr Ranger was as good as his word. He found us a lovely little pond to fish in. Mr Ranger and I sat on a little hill by the side of the pond and Rabbie sat nearby, just dabbling his paws in the pond. Everything went really well until I got a bite. Now, I know fishermen are renowned for exaggerating the size of the fish they caught, but this one was enormous! A beautiful big salmon, all silvery and splashing about so hard I thought I'd lose my grip on the rod. But as soon as it appeared, a certain very large bear launched himself into the water, and made the fish disappear in an instant. I wouldn't mind the fish going but Rabbie made such a splash that me and Mr Ranger were both wet through. Even my wellies were full of water!
Mr Ranger gave Rabbie a very stern telling off, but after we had dried out a bit, we couldn't stay cross with him, as he looked so sorry for himself. We went back to Mr Ranger's cabin and shared a big pot of honey. Now the only problem I've got is how to get honey out of fur. Any suggestions?

No comments: