Monday 8 June 2009

Maybe it's a boy thing?

I thought today's school trip was even better than last week's trip to the aquarium! We went to an aeroplane museum - it was absolutely stuffed with brilliant planes - some of them you could even sit in the cockpit and pretend to fly! I have to say that this trip wasn't so popular with everyone, though. At the start of the visit, Mrs Ewe said that, as it's a very big museum, we should go around in pairs. I joined up with Rebecca Rabbit, and everything was fine for about ten minutes. After that, the novelty seemed to wear off for Rebecca. "Oh look", she said with heavy sarcasm "another aeroplane. And another. And, oh goodie, another one". I tried not to be put off and took her to see a really old plane, with propellers. At this, she became quite agitated, saying "If those big fan things start whirring round, it will ruin my fur-do". I tried explaining how propellers work, but her eyes just glazed over. Maybe planes area boy thing? Anyway, Rebecca perked up soon after when we spotted the snack bar and the shop. And do you know what? She bought a model of the plane with propellers to take home! Sometimes I just don't understand girls!

No comments: