Sunday 15 March 2009

Through to the final!


Well, all that practice paid off! After a slightly nervous start, when I dropped an entire pack of cards while trying to do a trick, everything went pretty well, and I made it through to the final three acts in the Grand Talent Competition.

Frankly, I can't believe one of the acts we're up against. It's (take a deep breath) Kevin the Chicken's All-Poultry Bell Ringing Troupe. Basically, it's Kevin and two of his mates with bells tied round their necks. They jump up and down to make a jingling noise while four of the smaller chicks cheep along to make what they allege is a musical sound. I'm not at all impressed - but the judges seem to think they're cute. I suppose with Easter getting close, fluffy chicks are fashionable. Maybe I should have tried harder to make an Easter Bunny fit in my hat after all.

The third act in the final is really good, though. I'll show you that one next time.

No comments: