Wednesday 28 January 2009

A ride in the country


Well, the situation with the chicks was getting ridiculous! Poor Farmer Blackberry was trying to tidy away his table and all his fruit baskets, but as soon as he picked up a basket and tried to stack it, he was met with an indignant "cheep!" from within. It was obvious that doing the job with a couple of dozen bored chicks trying to "help" was going to take hours. So Mr Blackberry had an idea. He said that he would teach me how to drive the cart, and so he did just that. In return, it was my job to keep the chicks entertained by giving them a nice ride in the country.
We set off with me at the reins and Bucky ion the seat beside me, and an excited feathery mass in the cart behind. All seemed to go well at first and we got quite a long way out into the countryside. I was just starting to relax and enjoy my drive. Of course, that was my mistake...as you'll find out next time.

No comments: