Sunday 25 January 2009

Farmer's Market

Hello Everybody! This weekend I was asked by the local farmer, who is a very nice rabbit called Mr Blackberry, to help him out at the Farmer's Market. I thought it was a bit strange to have a place where you could buy and sell farmers, but it turns out I was a bit mixed up about that. Actually, a Farmer's Market is a place where people can go to buy fruit and vegetables direct from the growers, so they can be sure of getting it super fresh, and also at a bargain price. Of course, most of the farmers bring their produce in a van, or a trailer behind a tractor, but Farmer Blackberry has a proper old-fashioned horse and cart. He was immediately the centre of attention, and we sold out in no time. Mr Blackberry said that I'd been so much help that, since we had some spare time, he would teach me how to drive the cart. Of course, I was very keen about that. But I didn't know then what would happen later - the only clue was the fact that some of those pesky chicks had started appearing. Apparently they get very bored between Christmas and Easter. Fair enough, it is a bit dull when you can't play out in the bad weather - but why do they have to follow me around? And why in such huge numbers??


No comments: