Thursday 18 December 2008

Nativity Challenge


I can't believe it's nearly Christmas time again! Long-term Bobby fans may remember last year when the whole school dressed up and put on a Nativity Play. Well, we're doing the same this year. Everything was fine last time, except for a little trouble with some of the actors - the woolly sort! One of the sheep tried to eat the music off the piano, and, as I was the shepherd, I was not the most popular pup in town. So this year, I was absolutely determined there would be no repeat of the problem. I was so keen to prove myself, that when, Mrs Ewe asked for a volunteer to look after a new animal, I stuck my paw up straight away. She didn't say what sort of animal, but I assumed it might be some more sheep, or maybe a donkey. Either way, I have plenty of experience and there shouldn't be any surprises.
Oh how wrong I was! Imagine my surprise when Colin the Camel walked into the school hall! Not only is he just about the most exotic creature you can imagine, but he's also absolutely enormous! For a few moments, I couldn't think what to say - but fortunately Colin is a friendly camel and in no time at all we were getting on really well. The best news is, because I'm looking after Colin, I get to be one of the wise men in the play. I hope I get real gold to carry!

No comments: