Friday 7 March 2008

Easter's Coming

I don't know if you realised, but it's going to be Easter very soon. Actually, I can't wait because I gave up chasing cats for Lent, and the strain of resisting temptation is starting to show. Anyway, Mrs Ewe has asked me to do a very important job for her. Every year, the village holds an Easter egg hunt for all the smaller animals. They hide eggs all over the place and the babies run around with little baskets trying to find them. Of course it all has to be kept a great secret so as not to spoil the surprise. The eggs arrived to day, and Mrs Ewe has asked me to hide them away in my log cabin. Bucky came along to help - to be honest he wants to go everywhere with me - so we will just have to hope that he doesn't give the game away.
I have hidden the eggs away inside my cabin now and covered them up with a layer of straw. It will keep them out of sight, and also stop them getting to cold in this frosty weather we've been having. I'm sure they will be OK, but I'm going to come down and check on them every day, just to be sure.

No comments: