Thursday 7 May 2009

Playing hard to get

Finding worms is not as easy as you might think! I went out into the garden with a trowel and a bucket, and I thought I'd be able to fill the bucket with tasty (for a mole) worms in no time at all. Well, after about half an hour of hard but entirely worm-free work, my little friend was getting rather restless. He looked at me with his bright little eyes in such a imploring manner that it was almost possible to ignore the loud rumbling noise from his tummy. Then I had a brain wave! There's a new family of pigs called the Grunts who have moved into the village. I haven't actually met them yet, but everyone knows pigs love rooting about in the mud and getting covered in muck generally. I'm sure they must come across plenty of worms in the process that they would be happy to share with a hungry little mole. I gave him a chocolate digestive to keep him going and set of for the Grunts' house.

No comments: