Tuesday 24 June 2008

Prizegiving Time

The celebrity turned out to be star of stage and screen, Angelina Ballerina. She was very elegant and pretty and she did a sort of twirl and curtsy before handing me the most magnificent trophy for winning the running race. I wanted to say something to her, but I got a bit shy and could only manage to mutter "Thank You" before I blushed and had to turn away. She didn't seem to mind and everybody applauded like mad.
I'm going to be away for the next couple of weeks. I'm taking a holiday and going back to see my folks in Labrador. I've been trying to pack everything but it's very difficult. I had to choose between spare socks and taking my trophy. You can imagine what won out there, so I'll have to hope it isn't too cold for my toes when I get to Canada.
I'll be back to talk to you all again in no time. I hope you all have lots of fun on your Summer holidays!

No comments: