Thursday 8 May 2008

A problem solved and a mystery started

We have managed to find a place where Kevin the chick doesn't intimidate everyone by towering over them. I suddenly remembered the donkey sanctuary. All the donkeys are much larger than Kevin, and they are so patient and even tempered that they don't even mind when he climbs up onto their backs "for a better view". there's plenty of straw inside the stable for Kevin to make little nests in, and I'm hopeful that he will settle in really well with them. Burnham (he's the donkey inside the stable looking out) seems to have become quite fond of him already. he offered Kevin a share of his carrot. That was very generous , but I have to say that Burnham looked very relieved when Kevin told him that chicks eat seed and don't really like carrots.

So everything seemed to have been sorted out really well, and I took a picture of them all together. the strange thing was, when I got home and printed out the picture, I noticed something very odd behind the stable that I hadn't noticed when we were there. What on earth could it be? Whoever, or whatever it is, it must be very large!

No comments: